Thursday, November 29, 2007

An Overview and the Need of a Spark

I have so much to say I don’t even know where to start. My last blog about Halloween has long gone and another holiday has past. I left you hanging right before I left for Chicago. I spent the weekend in Chicago visiting with old friends and watching my friend Derek’s music composition performed by the Chicago Symphony. I really can’t explain how amazing that was. I get so much joy out of watching my friends do well. I’m like a giddy school kid or a proud father. That will be a weekend I’ll always remember.

A few days later I went to Baltimore/D.C. for work, which I should have written about that week. Now, those feelings have now passed. I had hit a boiling point where I just wanted to quit my job and give up. I landed in D.C. drove to Baltimore and entered the city at the start of a Baltimore Ravens Football game, which turned, into chaos trying to find my hotel. The first few days I was sick, as I had to do college fairs, presentations and drive hours each day to different locations. Yet the trip ended on a good note. I met up with my old friend Elise where we had dinner and showed her a movie I made that she was in several years earlier. We had lunch the next day and I was able to see a protest in our nations capital. It turned out to be the JUNO 6 protest. One afternoon in a two-hour block of time I took the train down to the capital and walked around seeing all the monuments and buildings our nation’s capital has. I can now finally say I’m a true American. This was my first time in D.C.

When I arrived home I found out I have a bug infestation in my apartment, but we’re not going to talk about that since even thinking about it infuriates me so let’s move on…

Thanksgiving was nice. I spent it at a friend’s house. The food was awesome as most Thanksgiving dinners are. The company was wonderful and yet I did feel quite lonely at the end of the day when I was sitting at home. Although, one good thing has happened. When I arrived home from D.C. I turned on the TV and saw cable. So now I have cable in my apartment mysteriously. That was exciting. Of course I’m finding myself addicted to the History Channel.

In my spare time I have working on my writing my play. It’s moving very slow and it’s sometimes frustrating. I should be moving forward faster on this but I have to take my time and not let it get to me. Although I am enjoying this experience. I’ve also started reconnecting with some friends again. Since most of my travels are in state for the next month its nice to see my pals again. I hope to shoot some short goofy films real soon.

Yesterday I found out I’m going back to L.A. for a week in January for work right after my birthday. I’m excited to see everyone again. I hope I have some time to spend quality time with all my La La Land friends.

So that’s been my month. I honestly have been on this emotional rollercoaster. Everything seems to be so bland. Maybe it’s that I’m finally home and I’m so used to be on the road that now that I’m home I don’t know what to do. Yet, I see things brightening in the future and I really need to figure out what I’m suppose to do when my lease is up in March. The bottom line is I need a spark. Something to lift me from this mundane, I am optimistic. I’ll try to blog in more often but my main focus in writing this play and figuring out my next steps. So I’ll keep you all posted.

2 comments:

Stacy Disarrayed said...

YAY you're ALIVE! I was getting worried.
Isn't DC beautiful?! I love it there...you can almost taste the history. I highly recommend the Holocause Museum...may seem depressing...and indeed at times it is...but it really makes it REAL.
Onward-
Bugs...gross
Derek's symphony...I would love to hear it, happy for him
LA...glad you get to visit
YAY for reconnecting with friends!

And I hope you get your *spark* and soon! Oooh! Now I know what to get you for Christmas!! ;)

Stacy Disarrayed said...

Yes, I can spell HOLOCAUST.
My bad.