Friday, September 21, 2007

6 States 30 Days

For all my faithful readers I am going to attempt a certain consistency to this strange place the "blog".

I leave tomorrow for the much-anticipated trip to the glorious and often forgotten state of Maine. I hope to document much of my adventures often. As many of you know, I have been having some trouble with writer's block lately, so in a desperate attempt to keep writing I am going to try this new approach. So please consider this a documentary or memoir if you will of my trials, my success, my secrets, my slight of hand of stealing hotel shampoo. Whatever the mood you will be informed.

Writing this, right now is a promise that this will happen but I'm going to need help. Please interact with me, please ask questions, and send comments, advice, post pictures, anything. Traveling alone can be lonely so your words will truly comfort me as well as encourage me to continue with these blogs. Please, please travel with me...

According to my schedule I will be on the road for the next month. In that month I will be in 6 different states. For those of you who don't know, I work for my old college, Full Sail. I travel from high school to high school trying to "inspire" students to follow their dreams. Today, I realized that's actually what I do. Students have responded well to me and have given me hope. I realize I have led a full life and my experiences can help someone else. I have come to peace with this job. Yet, I'm on a certain schedule so I cannot always go and sight see often but I'm going to try to squeeze it in as much as I can. Doing seven presentations a day is a bit exhausting and sometimes I have to drive two hours to my next hotel afterwards so I hope that these blogs do not become too mundane. With your help, lets see how I can make the best of it.

Alright...tomorrow morning it will begin....I will see you then...

3 comments:

Stacy Disarrayed said...

I'll travel with you!!! :)
And you are linked from my blog, so you may have more visitors.

YAY! Welcome to the blogger world!

shawna said...

hi Pete,
i'm friends with Stacy and was checking out your blog. what a small world it is. my younger bro went to Full Sail! When were you a student? He was in the sound engineering program.
enjoy your travels.
-shawna

Anonymous said...

You are an excellent writer. Follow you daily. Keep up the good work.