Monday, October 29, 2007

CHAPTER 2: LOOKING AHEAD

Chapter 2: Looking Ahead

Most of you know I do not plan to live in Orlando after March when my lease is up. Yet I still have only one option at the moment and that is Charlotte, NC. It seems to be the most reasonable place to go only because I have family near by and it’s cheap to live. Although there are many places I would love to live I cannot justify the means at the moment. Yet, whatever door opens with the best opportunity I will most willingly pass through. So you my much loved readers are at the beginning of a bigger journey; my life’s options.

It’s the little things in life that matter most to me. I like the simple things. I love waking up to a fresh cup of coffee and sitting outside enjoying my cup of good morning America. I like light cool breezes and a day where everything is simple. Perhaps I need a routine in my life. I know it sounds a bit boring but having a routine is less stressful and will make more appreciative of a random road trip or vacation. As an aspiring writer I think I need that. I believe not having a normal routine has made it hard for me to focus and write constantly. Writing a blog is easy because it’s completely random. Yet writing a movie or a play is very different. Several of you have asked me to make this into a book. Yet I’m still looking for the drama unless of course my daily life is dramatic enough to keep you wonderful readers reading.

I also acknowledge the other little things that drive me nuts. Like, coming home to a broken air conditioner. Or finally coming to turns that my driving is in complete total sync as truck drivers. Weird huh? I’ve noticed that whenever I enter a highway a semi truck is barreling down in the right lane every time I’m merging on. Or that no matter what I’m going to be driving behind a semi and not be able to move over to pass it. Or exiting off a ramp and being behind the semi. Coincidence I think not. I will finally be able to move over to the left lane and at the exact same time the truck driver will move over too. You may all think this silly but I’m on the road everyday and everyday it’s the same. Except today, rain was added to the equation.

I’m sitting in a Panera Bread in between presentations here in Melbourne, FL. South of Cocoa Beach on the east coast of Florida, it’s a little over an hour drive from Orlando. So this week is wake up early, drive an hour present and then drive an hour home. Today is quite nice yet annoying simply because I drove an hour and only have to do 3 presentations which isn’t bad but was it worth a drive since I was here last month and half the students have already seen this presentation already? Yeah, this school is pretty much covered.

I’ve learned recently that I’m booked through Christmas so I can’t slow down now. Although, it doesn’t help me plan my life after March. I’ve talked to my boss the other day and she assured me that what she has planned in the spring (trips) I wouldn’t want to leave. Well, like I said, I’ll consider my options.

The Dream:

If you remember one of the dreams I listed in a blog recently about the time where I was driving on the bridge and ran off it and drowned? I looked up the meanings and this is what it said. Here’s the original dream just to refresh your memory.

I dreamt that I was in car driving over a bridge. Freezing rain pouring down. My windshield starting to freeze over and I couldn’t see where I was driving. I knew something tragic was going to happen yet I continued driving. Next thing I know I slam into the side of the bridge, my car falling off the side and slamming into the water. The car begins to fill with water and I think to myself, I’m waking up now.

Driving: To dream that you are driving a vehicle signifies your life's journey and your path in life. The dream is telling of how you are moving and navigating through life. If you are driving and cannot see the road ahead of you, then it indicates that you do not know where you are headed in life and what you really want to do with yourself. You are lacking direction and goals.

Wind: To dream of blowing winds, symbolizes your life force, energy, and vigor. It reflects changes in your life.
To dream of strong or gusty winds, represents turmoil and trouble for you. You are experiencing much stress in some waking situation.

Blizzard: To dream about a blizzard, suggests that you are feeling emotionally cold and frigid. You are feeling excluded and left out. It may indicate a lack of love and the absence of warmth within your own family circle.

Bridge: To dream that you are crossing a bridge signifies an important decision or a critical junction in your life. This decision will prove to be a positive change with prosperity and wealth in the horizon. Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage.

Drowning: If you drown to death, then is refers to an emotional rebirth. If your survive the drowning, then a waking relationship or situation will ultimately survive the turmoil.

I believe that pretty much gives you an idea on where this is all headed in Chapter 2. Will Pete stay in Florida? Will he end up somewhere we least expected? Does he actually write something? I’m wondering the same thing.

TO MY READERS:
So my devoted readers you thought that was the end. No, that was just chapter 1. Yet I hope to make this a bit different. Not as much of a travel log although I still have a lot of traveling ahead of me. This also will be more sporadic than the last chapter, which means that I may write once a week or once every two weeks or several times a day. We’ll have to see or when the mood strikes me.

2 comments:

Stacy Disarrayed said...

I believe you about the semis. I have a 'thing' with street lights. They 'go out' around me way too often to be coincidence.
It happened this morning actually. And now that the days are shorter I know I will notice it even more.
Pete...you know you have to post at least once a week. You got us all hooked and you'll have to give us a 'fix'!

Anonymous said...

I continue to enjoy your writings.
Yes, it would be nice if you were settled in a routine to write. Once again, look up Thomas Wolfe of Asheville, N.C. You look like him in reference to your pictures on the blog. Maybe not as tall but similar in appearances. From your blog, it appears that you have plenty of characters to write a novel.. Just do it. Trust me, you are loved.