Friday, October 12, 2007

On a Good Note: Farewell to Pasco County

Thursday I have to admit was a good day. The teacher was awesome and the students were well behaved. This teacher was the first person who ever asked me if I smoked. After I said yes, during our break we walked down stairs, through corridors and behind this long gate. There was a patio on dark side of the compound where teachers all sat smoking and bitching about their students. I felt like I was apart of the elite group, this secret society. All the teachers huddling, name dropping students good and bad and giving each other the 411. I asked myself if high school had this secret space on campus. It was amazing.

Of course I still believe this school isn’t the greatest. A fight broke out before school leaving one student in bloody pulp. I only received the details from the students. The day prior my teacher had a substitute and during the day someone in the class swiped her wallet. So the cops came in during one of my presentations which was a bit of a disruption but quickly ended. Overall my day was good.

I went to the coffee shop and did some work. I am confirmed to leave on my next trip on Sunday. I booked my hotels and my car. I then grabbed some dinner. As soon as I got back to my room to my surprise I had the internet. My last night at the hotel and doing all my work at a coffee shop, I finally get the internet. I just laid in bed silently going over my thoughts until I fell asleep.

Today I go back to the classroom from hell and do two presentations and them I drive back to Orlando. I have so much to do tonight and Saturday. On Sunday I’ll be on the road for two weeks straight so this could get really interesting. Stay Tuned my weary readers.

1 comment:

Stacy Disarrayed said...

so what you're saying is...that school wasn't so much like Concord?
I have to admit I feel lucky to have gone there and at the time I did.
Seriously, what's happening in schools today? Scary.