Saturday, October 13, 2007

Once

I know some of you have showed interest in the movie “Once” that I had mentioned and declared the best movie I’ve seen so far this year, so while I was trying to find the DVD release date I came across these tidbits.

Sources say the movie comes out Dec. 6th.

Legendary filmmaker Steven Spielberg was quoted as saying "A little movie called Once gave me enough inspiration to last the rest of the year.

Shot for only $160,000

As of October 7, 2007, the film had grossed more then $10.5 million worldwide including over $9 million in the U.S

male lead to be played by actor Cillian Murphy but later dropped out.

Shot with a skeleton crew on a 17-day shoot

The stars, Hansard and/or Irglová composed and performed all but one of the original songs in the movie.

On the May 18, 2007 broadcast of Ebert & Roeper, both Richard Roeper and guest critic Michael Phillips of the Chicago Tribune gave enthusiastic reviews. Phillips called it, "the most charming thing I've seen all year," "the Brief Encounter for the 21st century," and his favorite music film since 1984's Stop Making Sense. Roeper referred to the film's recording studio scene as "more inspirational and uplifting than almost any number of Dreamgirls or Chicago or any of those multi-zillion dollar musical showstopping films. In its own way, it will blow you away."[

1 comment:

brent said...

you really have me excited about this movie. i see a revised CD comes out on Dec. 4 with more material. i am oddly giddy.