Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gloom and Doom Wednesday part 2

Yes my friends it is that time of the week. It’s Gloom and Doom Wednesday!!! I’m currently sitting outside on this clear blue sky with a nice breeze coming off the gulf listening to an eclectic mix here at starbucks. I’m sipping on a vanilla bean frap and recounting my day in my head to you lovely readers.

Let’s recount the events I had planned out from last night’s blog. Today I had a nice plan of sleeping in, eating a nice lunch and taking in a picture show. Sounded great didn’t it? It was a dream a hopeful wish that didn’t come true.

At 8am I awoke from my dreamland to the sound of my ring tone. I slowly slid out of bed like a zombie and saw that it was from my boss. I listened to the message and she asked where I was. In a panic I called immediately. I apparently was supposed to be in a classroom at 7:30 this morning. Due to a schedule shift on the excel spreadsheet, my dates are now off. I was supposed to be at the College Fair last night, at a presentation today and tomorrow and back in the office on Friday. So my schedule showed I was at the fair tonight and presentations tomorrow and Friday. That my friends was the start of my day.

My coordinator called the teacher and called me back. She tells me the teacher will be expecting me at 10am. I quickly jump in the shower, get dressed and fly out the door. As you all may know since you know me, obscenities were my declaration to the world. I arrived at school in the nick of time for 3rd period. I have to say, the students couldn’t have given a damn if I was there or not. I did two presentations in a row and the teacher did not once keep her class under control. I had a two-hour break for which I grabbed coffee and a sandwich at a coffee shop with free wifi. I was able to try to correct the schedule problem. I went to the last class and again, they had no interest in me what so ever except maybe a couple people. Yeah, maybe that’s cool that one or two had an interest in me but when you have students talking or smacking each other during the presentation it’s not cool. I don’t care what they say, I enjoy going to ghetto schools because those students are well behaved. Prominently white schools could care less.

After class I went back to the hotel and went to sleep.

I couldn’t think of anything I wanted to eat so now I am here at starbucks exhausted and hungry. I’m so over this week. I guess it’s just the way it is. I had two great trips to Indy and Maine. Now two bad weeks in Dallas and Florida, I hope the next two will be better.

So yeah, tomorrow I’m back at the same school talking to 11th graders and again on Friday to make up the two hours I missed today with that same teacher to a bunch of brats.

Sigh, if there wasn’t a schedule mix up I would have been back in my own bed tomorrow night. So I better inspire the next Spielberg or else!!!

2 comments:

brent said...

plain and simple, computer mishap's = SUCK

Stacy Disarrayed said...

Sounds like my Tuesday...so maybe your Friday will be great! Two days later for was. :)
Hang in there...